May 26-28, 2011
So we are back in Bamberg to celebrate my brother's 30th Birthday. At his flat we are having a party with probably 20-30 people. Friends of my brother are coming from Berlin just to say Happy Birthday Josh! I wish I had some pictures of this great party, but I've learned that beer and camera equipment do not get along, so these great memories will just have to stay in our minds. My brother has become some what famous for his ribs in Germany. Something that is not found on the traditional German plate, but becoming popular. Due to Josh's popularity in cooking and demands for more meat on the grill he brought over his own Weber grill from the States. The kitchen is full of groceries and everyone is pitching in to help. Josh rented tables from one of the favorite Bamberg brews, Mahr's Brewery, as well as a keg for the party. Paul and I stopped there the day before the party to do some quality controlling, and were able to get a personal tour of the brewery by Stephen the owner and brew master himself! There is a picture of Stephen holding a skateboard designed for Mahr's who sponsors a couple local skateboarders. Paul and I ended up getting one of these rare boards made, and Stephen signed it, but to our saddest moments on the trip it was confiscated at the gate at Nurnberg airport. We are still so sad about that. On a brighter note, there are some pictures of a market in Bamberg displaying their white asparagus. The German's love their asparagus, and during this brief magical period everyone is giddy about this vegetable. Every restaurant has special menus all about spargel (asparagus in German)! If you ever visit Germany in the Spring you will experience what I'm talking about. Paul's favorite thing about the markets was the sausage stands! He has been already saying how much he misses them. Some day we'll be back. I hope! Happy Birthday Josh.


























No comments:
Post a Comment